Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Life as I know it.....or use to know it

June 14th  Well this is it... My treatments are done.  I'm on my way back to my life.  It's been a long journey that's for sure.  I hope I've come through this a different person.  Physically and mentally.  I hope I look at life a little different now.  Maybe not stress over things that I cannot change and give more attention to the things I can.  I know through all of this I have made such wonderful friends and become closer to the friends that I already had. 
My physical appearance has definitely changed.  I still have no breasts, my hair is extremely short and about 15 lbs lighter... well that part may be a good thing.  I had been trying to lose a little weight :)  I do NOT however, recommend chemo as a weight loss program.  hahaha.  My son announced to us that he is getting married July 30th.  I truly hope that I at least have fake breasts by then.  I hate to have pictures taken looking like this.  People that don't know us will think Michael has 2 daddy's.  Hmmm, maybe I should wear a tux to the wedding or maybe a really frilly dress so people will know. 
This blog has been a great comfort to me.  I have used it to voice my feelings and to keep up with some of my friends and family.  Anyone that knows me knows that I have to voice my feelings and opinions.  Everyone wants my thoughts right?  :)  
I return to work tomorrow.  Please say a prayer for me.  Actually, maybe we better say a prayer for the people I work with :) 

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you at work! You look beautiful!! I feel very blessed to know you and call you a friend :)

    Love & Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete