Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The eyes have it

Feb 23rd  The one thing I didn't know, among many, is that when you don't have eyelashes your eyelids stick together when you blink :)  It's the strangest thing.  Apparently, those little lashes are there for more than pretty eyes hahaha.  As long as my eyes stay moist it isn't so bad but if the old eyes dry out, which because they are old they do, they stick.  It kinda makes blinking annoying.  Does anyone know how to stop this.  The other side to this is that any lotion, cream, makeup etc you put on your eyes seems to seep into your eyes without the lashes to protect them.  Boy, they do a lot of work.  When I wash my face and then do my daily regime my eyes will burn for an hour.  Okay... wrinkly eyes or burning eyes hmmmm ???? that's a tough one.
Met with my girls for a night out last week.  Wow, what great friends I have.  There was a huge crowd.  I hope I got to talk to everyone.  I would never want to leave anyone out.  I can't believe people still buy me gifts.  How fun is that.  I got a foot care gift.  How excellent.  I have neuropathy in my feet so that gift is truly appreciated.  I received a beautiful breast cancer statue.  I have never seen one like it.  It looks great on my coffee table.  I am truly blessed with love.  As long as I'm alive I will never be able to pay it forward.  I will give it a good try though.  Are we all put here for a purpose?  How do we find what that purpose is?  How do we know if we've found it?  That's a question for the ages.

2 comments:

  1. Patti, I am not sure if anyone ever knows for certain what their purpose is, but if yours is to touch people with your truth and your beauty, then you surely are fulfilling yours...

    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eyelashes comments. Who would ever know this if they haven't gone through what you have. I will appreciate them much more now! It was so nice to see you the other night. You always make me smile and it should be the opposite! You are so strong. You inspire me to be a better person!

    ReplyDelete