Thursday, March 3, 2011

Surgery scheduled

March 1st  Two weeks from today.  That's MY day I guess.  Surgery.  Right now it all seems so surreal.  When I talk about it it's like I'm talking about someone else which, for me, I guess is a good thing.  I can't picture myself as being sick so I deal with things by putting myself outside the situation.
My bi weekly doctor appointment went well.  Blood work all good.  I've been very fortunate in one aspect of my chemo, my blood work has remained good.  Something that seems to plague a lot of cancer patients, low blood counts.  I always tell my doctor that I'm the healthiest cancer patient he'll have.  The only thing low is my hemoglobin which means I'm a little anemic.  The symptom of this....being tired.  Well, that's not new news.  hahaha.  I asked the nurse "about how long, now that I'm over chemo, before I begin to feel like myself."  She said it can take many months.  I definitely don't like this answer.  Maybe as my hair starts coming back so will my energy :)  If you remember the story of Samson, his energy was tied to the length of his hair, makes this story even more believable doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment