Thursday, May 12, 2011

Changing

May 12th  I think it's hit me.  Dr Price had told me that being tired was a huge part of radiation and you know what......she was right.  The hot flashes have become more of a large burn instead of a flash so sleeping has become non existent.   My biggest complained however, is that I'm so hot on the inside that it's hard for me to sit outside and let the sun warm me on the out side.  The sun, it's been what I have been yearning for all winter and spring and now it's here.  It's not the same looking at it from inside the house as it is being outside and feeling it on my face and skin.  I just don't understand why with all the advancements in medicine that they haven't come up with some type of medication for hot flashes.  Dr Whitaker told me I may not really even be in menopause right now.  It could just still be the effects of chemo.  He has done a blood test to let me know.  Do I still have menopause to look forward to after this?  Wow, if this isn't the change then does it get worse?  I think it's unfair that I could have had a few years before the change started but because of cancer...well, if I am in the middle of the change I can't wait to see what I might change into.  Maybe a 30 year old model???? Hmmm, the change might not be so bad :)

2 comments:

  1. Patti,

    Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you, as always.
    Hang in there,

    Love you, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating your BLOG. I was missing your updates as they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete