Friday, May 20, 2011

Animal Planet

May 20th  You realize just how boring your life has become when you find yourself setting on your deck and you are truly interested in a toad that is eating ants.  I must have watched this fat toad for about 1/2 hour before I realized what I was doing.  Did I mention that the last nice day we had I was mesmerized by a little snake.  Oh well, it's a beautiful day and any reason to be sitting in the sun.  Really only 1/2 of me is in the sun.  The other half looks like I'm going on an expedition to the Artic :)  Okay, maybe not quite that bad but it feels like it.   I do have a couple of tomato plants that I need to get in the ground.  It's hard for me to dig up the soil however due to my arm situation.  Sounds like another chore to add to the "Dan" list.  I'm sure he's going to be SO happy when I'm released and back to work. 
The radiation is definitely not as bad as chemo.  It is having it's challenges though.  My radiologist told me that I am a strange creature.  Hmmm, good or bad??  My left side resembles a case of measles with a horrific sunburn.  The doctor feels that I have had an allergic reaction to the radiation.  No surprises here.  She's been trying several different cremes and I'm confident that one of them will work.  Favor to ask, is anyone available to braid the hair in my left armpit.  It's becoming a little unruly.  Maybe a ponytail holder?  hahaha  

No comments:

Post a Comment