Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Daytime Activities

May 11th  When does it happen?  When do you start planning your day around your doctor visits.  I remember when my grandmother did this and then I remember when my parents started doing it.  What I want to know however is, when did I start doing it :)  Today I had an MRI and then radiation.   My test was scheduled for 7am.  Yuck.  I don't sleep well at night and I'm usually awake around 3:00 and then go back to sleep around 5:00.  So at 6:30 when I look at the clock and it said 6:30 I had to jump out of bed and literally just get dressed and leave.  Luckily, the people at the hospital don't care if you come there with makeup.  Of course, still no hair which is really nice when I'm in a hurry. 
My days are pretty much uneventful right now.  I take a nap, sit outside (thank goodness for the warm weather and sunshine), watch a lot of TV.  Television is the worst during the day.  I refuse to watch soap operas or Maury.  Not a lot else on.  I have started not eating a lot during the day.  It's hard to be hungry when you exert no energy.  I eat mostly just to be eating.  Anyone that knows me knows how I love to eat.  I surely cannot miss a meal.  The hard thing for me is to eat well not just sweets.  Even during chemo I could eat sweets.  Too bad not a lot of nutritional value, only fat content.  So, I guess the writings on the wall, all fat intake and no exercise....I'll need to go on a diet by the time I go back to work.  hahaha.  I've always said that I'm the healthiest cancer patient you'll meet.
I want to remind everyone that I have not forgotten what a wonderful family I have and the most wonderful group of friends.  Thank you all for everything.  You are all in my thoughts everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Alright lady, Mom never told me that you could eat sweets!! What's your favorite and you will have them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete