Friday, January 28, 2011

Feeling Good

Jan 28th  This has been a pretty good week.  After the usual re coop period, I really began feeling pretty good on Wednesday.  I'm still tired and still have the sinus infection, but overall not bad.  It's amazing how appreciative you are of the good days.  I even went to Indy with my son this week.  Now granted I didn't get out of the car :) but just getting out really does a body good.   The Steak n Shake milkshake that we got also does a body good :P
Cancer makes you take a detailed look at you life and what is important.  I can't tell you how many times I have taken inventory of it.  I really think I want to change a few things.  Now sure exactly what or how at this point but I know I want to.   Our lives are all we really have.  I know, everyone knows that right?  Well, I don't think so.  We live our lives everyday and never really give it a thought.  I think the cancer has made Dan and I decide we WANT to give our lives a lot of thought.  We really want to make the most of it.  I think we're done giving a lot of time to things that aren't important to us.  Now this sounds really good while I'm sitting here with nothing to do but think but I hope it sticks with me even after.  I don't want to get to the end of my days and say "I  really wish I had done that"  or "I really wish I had spend more time with friends & family".  In the end isn't that what life really is anyway?  The things we do and the people we do it with?  Life is precious  let's enjoy it.   

2 comments:

  1. So does this mean you're going skydiving with Dan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved being able to see you today. I love your sense of humor and beautiful smile! I have missed you, so it was awesome to spend time with you.

    Love & Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete