Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow? Again?

Jan 31st   Another snow` storm??? Are you kidding me?  I hate to tell you this but I really think the nasty weather is here until the middle of February.  That is when I finish my chemo.  Now I'm not so vain to think that I control the weather but..... I do believe the snow and cold began about the same time I began chemo, and since every time I have a treatment we get snow, well you do the math.  If that's the case then it would only make sense that once my treatments are over in February then the weather will clear at the same time :)   I look out the window everyday and wish that it would turn warm, and then it dawned on me that when I begin to feel better the weather will begin to feel better.  I had told my Oncologist that he had until summer to fix me so I guess February doesn't sound so bad.   I am such a warm weather person.  I have never liked cold weather.  I'm sure Dan can contest to the amount of times I have complained about the weather, so for my sake please don't ask him about it.  hahaha.  As I sit here with only 2 treatments left I wonder, would chemo have been so horrible if I had been able to be outside, sit in the sun, walk in the yard etc.  I'm sure the side effects would have been the same but maybe the way I handled them would have been different.  Maybe if the sun had been shining, or the flowers growing, would I have been so content to lie in bed?  If there had been home grown veggies, would I have tried harder to eat?  I guess I won't ever know.   Some people love the seasons, I wish I were one of them.   So, if all of this is true, does that mean as the weather starts to turn, so will my health?  Maybe what I told Dr Whitaker is true, that he has until June to fix me.   I think we're going to hit our mark :)

1 comment: