Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chemo Eve

Jan 4th  Well I'm here again.. the day before chemo.  This is usually the day that I feel my best.  Thank goodness right :)  I try to get as much done on this day as possible.  It's catch up day.  Let's see, laundry done, bills paid, phone calls made.  I'm even going to go to dinner with my aunt and uncle this evening.  I like to eat a big meal the day before chemo, you know just in case....  Tomorrow is going to be a little different though.  The medication they are giving me in chemo is going to a different drug.  I truly believe my reaction is going to be better.  It can't be any worse right?  :)  Dr Whitaker said the side effects from this med are extreme back pain and exhaustion.  Okay, I think I can handle these 2 things.  NO MORE NAUSEA!!!!! YEA!!!  I'm holding him to this one.  The nurses will start me on a steroid therapy that is suppose to reduce the back pain.  Everyone say a prayer that it works.  Maybe I can begin to get my life back on track.  The one thing that I have found out about myself,  I'm a horrible patient.  I'm very impatient and even though I try not to be, I'm grouchy.  I try to apologize to Dan at least once a day just for being a pain for him.  He never complains but I know this has been very trying for him.  He's a wonderfull caregiver.  He stepped into the role so naturally.  Maybe he missed his calling, maybe he should have been a nurse.  Nurse Dan,  that's got a nice ring to it :) 

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending all my prayers your way...

    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the new meds work out better for you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, Just saw the picture of you in the hat your sister made :) You are looking really good and strong! Very nice to be able to see my sweet friend looking brave, strong and smiling.

    Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, you look great!! Love the hat!! Thinking of you, Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete