Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weighing the effects of Christmas.

Dec 21st  I'm on my last good day before chemo again.  Trying really hard to get things done, mostly my Christmas preparations.  Well this year my preparations aren't really happening. I did manage to get a few gifts wrapped and a few cards sent out.   I guess even in a good year I'm never ready but it always comes and even without finishing, it always goes well.  It's funny how you can worry and stress because you didn't get that one gift bought or you didn't get that one kind of cookie baked but you wake up on Christmas morning and it really doesn't make a difference. 
I had a great weekend filled with family and friends.  Saturday was the Kinder Christmas.  The food is always so wonderful and something different every year.  This year steak and shrimp. YUMMY!  I did get a big surprise this year .  Each and every person that attended the dinner wore a breast cancer pin in my honor.  Judy had made them for everyone.  Not sure how she found the time to do it.  I couldn't believe they had all participated in this.  What a wonderful group of people that we have the pleasure of knowing.  They are all a part of our extended family.
Sunday was the Harmon Christmas.  This is always a big event.  Mostly because we are a BIG family. Somewhere around 30 people now I think.  We gather at a different persons house each year and eat and play games.  The Harmons group is very competitive so I'm sure you know how the games went LOL.  It truly is a fun time.  Now let me just say that I have had a horrible time finding foods that I can eat lately.  Yea, you got it, a side effect, but with all the food that was prepared, OMG, I found plenty to eat.  I think for the first time since chemo I was actually too full.  Ahhh, just like the old times.  Me over eating.  The good old days.  I bet I won't have lost weight this time at my weigh in :)

1 comment:

  1. CC showed me a picture of you all dolled up for your dinner... you look so beautiful! Must have been wonderful to see so many full of so much love and support for you! Good for you to soak all that in :)

    You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I am so happy to hear you were enjoying some foodies! Thinking of you always.

    Love & Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete