Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Season

Dec 6th  I went to lunch with friends on Saturday.  It is so wonderful to get out in the "normal" world.  It's the Christmas season?? When you're sitting in the house for days at a time you don't realize how the world moves on without you.  The mall is all decorated and festive, and the people.  OMG!  All the people.  It was great to see the mall and Santa.  It really lifts your spirits.  I got home and Dan had put our tree up.  This made me feel that I wasn't going to miss the season.  I love Christmas and all that it entails.  I love to decorate and buy gifts and I really thought I wouldn't be able to do either this year.  Well, thanks to the Internet and Dan we are now well on our way.  It's true that Christmas is not all about the gifts even though I love to buy gifts.  Its the whole thing...trees, decorating, baking, food, parties and yes snow.  All of it together make it the season.  Don't you think people seem nicer at Christmas?  Maybe it just how I feel but hey I'll take it.  It's a wonderful time of year!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patti :) I love Christmas too! Glad you were able to get out with the girls...I saw the cute picture of everyone! I am sorry I couldn't make it...Pat and I seem to have a bunch of weekend photo shoots right now with people trying to get their Christmas postcards done. We need to chat on the phone soon :)

    Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti,
    I am glad you had a chance to get out and enjoy yourself. We continue to think about you and pray for you each day! Remember we all love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. Enjoy every light, tree, holiday greeting, etc! What a wonderful time of the year! Thinking of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete