Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Post Surgery

March 29th  I've always told the doctors that I'm the healthiest cancer patient he'll ever see and it must be true.  When I went to the surgeon for a follow up from surgery I was able to have to have 2 of the 3 drain tubes removed.  That's about a week sooner than they expected.  Now granted I still have one in, but that's pretty good I'd say.  While in the hospital I did develop heart arrhythmia, but it is being caused by being anemic.  Once this is under control I should be feeling pretty good.  The anemia is, believe it or not, still a side effect from the chemo.  Gotta love chemo :)
I think my taste buds are finally returning to normal.  I ate chili over the weekend.  I have not had any type of tomato anything since November.   Wow, that's a big plus.  I never knew how much I would miss those foods... spaghetti, chili, jambalaya.  Still can't eat anything with ANY spice to it at all,  but hey, I'm on my way. 
So, the surgery was pretty much a success I guess.  Is that how we say it?  A success?  Only 3 of 12 lymph nodes removed were still positive,  they say that's good???  Not sure how I feel about any of the nodes being positive though.  You go through chemo thinking you'll come out of it with NO positive test results.   The doctors say that radiation will take care of any remaining cancer cells.  I'm sure this is true.  For my own peace of mind I need to believe them.  Keep a good outlook right?  I'm sure I can do that.  Attitude has so much to do with healing.  I do believe, however, that it will always be in the back of my mind.  Of course right now,  I can't remember anything, chemo brain remember hahaha, so a thought that has been shoved to the back of my mind may just become fading memory.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti, just remember that you are beautiful inside and out. Keep your chin up and stay positive. You are such a strong person, and I have learned so much from you through this journey. You are an amazing person, and loved by all very much. We should do lunch sometime soon. :)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true about having a positive and deep knowing that you will fully recover. Keep up your bright and positive outlook!

    Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete