Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dr Gabrielsen

October 29th.  The first visit with the surgeon.  Dr Cam Gabrielsen is excellent.  We call him Dr Cam to distinquish him from his father Dr Ted who works with him.   He spent 2 hours with Dan & I discussing all our options.   The cancer is called Invasive Ductal Carcinoma.  Hmmmm, okay not sure what all that means at this point but we'll go with it.  Anyway Dr Cam says he thinks the knot is about 1 cm.  I'm good so far, not too bad and it doesn't seem to be fast growing.  He does a quick examine,  he feels my lymph nodes and says to me "feel this.  Have you felt this before?"  I said well now I do :)  I guess I really never knew what I was feeling for when do breast exams.  He does say that he is a little more concerned but we're still good.  The lumpectomy is planned for November 5th with the extraction of a couple of lymph nodes.  Chemo 3 weeks later for 6 weeks followed by Radiation for another 6 weeks.
Wow, a bunch of info in a very short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment