Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Doo

Nov 6th.  Well I did it.  I cut off all the hair.  Well I'm not bald, yet but it's only about 1/2 inch all over.  Maybe an inch, but either way, really short.  My friend CC went with me to hold my hand.  Glad she was there, it kinda took the butterflies away. I think Brittany, my hairdresser, was more nervous than I was.  She & I have been trying to let my hair grow long since I began going to her.  A little ironic huh?  :)   I decided to go ahead and cut it since I'm starting Chemo this Wednesday.  Dr Whitaker said I'll probably lose my hair a few weeks later anyway.  For some reason it doesn't seem as bad to see 1 inch hair laying on my pillow in the morning compared to 10 inches.  Oh well, it's only hair right?  It'll grow back in 5-6 months  :)  Now the eyebrows going, that's a whole other story.  Michael, my oldest son, says with no eyebrows I can draw them on every morning depending on the mood I'm in, mad, happy, quizzical...hahahaha.  Dan, as always, told me that it's the perfect style for me.  Now we all know this isn't true but for those of you that know Dan this is exactly what you expect him to say.  He's probably just about one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  Well like they say, opposites attract. :)  I also know with all my heart that he loves me as I love him.  No matter what, we are in for the long haul, good or bad, in sickness as in heath.
My youngest son, Lucas, will be home late Sunday night.  He is coming home after serving in the Navy.  It's a little ironic that now is when he's coming home.  I haven't told him yet about the craziness going on around here.  I just thought it would be better to talk to him face to face.  My boys have lost both their grandmothers to similar things so I don't want him to worry.  Once he sees me,  he'll see I'm doing well.
Nothing scheduled for Sunday.  I think that's actually the first day since I was diagnosed that I haven't had something going on test wise.  I think I'll just work in the yard and enjoy the day.  Monday back to work, at least for one day.  Dan & I are taking each day as it is given to us and enjoying them.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Patti. Just wanted to let you know that I think about you all the time and I'm really glad that you're blogging so I can always know what's going on with you. Love the new doo by the way. Beautiful as always!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti! I bet your hair is beautiful! Your hair looks cute however you wear it! I too am thinking about you every single day, and I would love to help any way I can. Stay positive, and let us know if you need anything at all. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so cute. Everyone loved it today! I am glad CC was there with you. I absolutely love Michael saying you can now match your eyebrows to your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, is this like IM? Do I need to tell you to read your Blog posts? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti....Roger and I keep checking this each day....ok....multiple times each day. We don't want to keep calling cause we know you have alot going....know that our phone lines are open anytime...just ring or text when you want. I hope your day at work today went well for you. Ya gotta post...did Luke make it home yet? Tell Dan time to get the ol fingers pecking...he can post too...haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti....I just realized there is a picture below. That is too cool. Your getting real techno savy and I'm havin a hell of a time figurin out how to work my way through this program. You look BEAUTIFUL! I've never seen you with short hair before and damn you can sure pull that look off too!!! You are amazing. I don't care what happens to your hair, it cannot top that trouttail we saw on the boat :) Yes...Roger helped me with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I looked at your picture again and I smiled back at you! mr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw your new pic. You look georgeous!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete