Thursday, November 18, 2010

Side effects keep you sidelined.

Nov 18th  I went to the doctor yesterday, seems I spend a lot of time there lately.  I went thinking it was only for bloodwork but hey I got to see Doc Whitaker too, BONUS.  What a nice guy he really is.  He spends time with me discussing my treatment and future options.  That's different than most doctors I think.    He said blood work all came back good and he thinks that the tumor even feels a little softer. MIRACLE!!!.  I know it's just the first visit after the first chemo but I'll take each step as a milestone Woot, Woot.
Doc discussed with me some of the side effects that chemo has.  Never to late to talk about them right? lol Okay let's see.....headaches, nausea, dry mouth, metal taste in my mouth, bone ache, and heartburn, hmmmm am I leaving anything out?  lol.  I now have a medication regime.  Really?  me?  I never thought that would happen,   He said that apparently I am one of the few that will be experiencing all that chemo has to offer, good and bad.  And what I said to him?   I'm giving him 6 months, that's it.  Summer will then be here and I just will not have time for all of this.  He just laughed and said okay you got it.  So 6 months feeling yucky and bald, I think I can do it.  No you know what, I can do it. 
While I was going thru the worst part of the week I told Dan, you know what,  little children with cancer go thru this.   My heart goes out to them.  I never knew or even imagined this is what they have to go through.  Surely if an innocent, small and sick child can handle this then so can I....
I worked today for the first time since chemo.  It took me as long to get set up to work from home as I worked, almost.  It felt good to do something that is "normal".  I tried to start work on time but of course woke with a headache.  Finally around noon I got signed on.  It felt like I had been away for ever.  I kept asking my coworkers a lot of questions.  In my job things can change quickly and the one thing you don't want to do is give a customer the wrong information :P  I think it was a good day back.  I'm going to try a full day tomorrow.  Cross your fingers.
Thanks again to everyone for everthing.  There's no way for me to list everything that has been done for Dan and I, and no way to list everyone that has done the giving.  I just keep saying thank you.  As you've heard me say before and I'll keep saying, "I knew I liked everyone but Wow what a wonderful surprise when so many like you back"  It's a true blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your first day back to work! What a slacker! LOL!

    ReplyDelete