Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just another manic Monday...oh wait, it's Tuesday :P

Nov 16th  Tuesday morning.  So far, not a bad day.  Not sick today, yah.....I thought I might get up and try to sign on the computer and work from home for awhile.  I'm just tired.  Dan said to not get on the work phone unless I really feel like talking to my customers.  He said I need to sound interested.   I am interested, I guess.  More interesed in doing something that doesn't revolve around cancer.  I talked to some of my peeps, from work, online.  They always make me laugh.  Isn't email great.  Perfect way to keep in touch with out using energy.  Let my fingers do the walking (and talking). 
I went to a "Live Well Feel Better" class yesterday.  It was a nice change.  The cancer center does this for women with cancer.  The instructor gives you lessons on skin care, hair care, hahahaha, make up etc.  She shows you how to tie scarves.  I had no idea there were so many ways to wear a scarf.  I've never really looked good in a doo rag but by golly I am going to make this work.  The other ladies in the class had already lost their hair.  Is it insane to feel quilty because I still have mine???  I guess I won't feel too quilty, I was the only one there that has had a hard time with chemo :)  One very valuable tip, use double sided tape to hole the wig on.  Apparently, they can fly off if it's windy.  You all know this will happen to me.  It just sounds like something that would happen to me.   lol. 
My sister in law & her husband came by yesterday with a gift bag.  One of the gifts she gave is a St Peregrine pendant.  This is the sacred saint of cancer.  She also had it blessed.  Is this amazing....to be wearing something that has actually been blessed.  I really think it's too good for me but hey I'm gonna take it.  I put it on and will keep it on, well unless the doctors need me to take it off :)  Dave and Judy Kinder gave me Holy Water from Lourdes. I used it the day of my first Chemo and I'm telling you I think the lump has already started shrinking. Isn't it amazing what faith and prayer can accomplish.  Between the water and the pendent I feel very blessed.  I know that God is watching over me.
When I was diagnosed with this it was a shock as all of you know.  NO ONE in my family has ever had breast cancer, hardly any cancer that I am aware of.  Dan and I were talking, which we do a heck of a lot of now, and I told him....God gave me this for a reason.  I'm not sure why at this point but I know there is a reason.  I just have to find the it.  Maybe nothing more than to realize how much my family and friends mean to me.  I do know, however, that if you pray to God for courage, does he give you courage or give you a reason to be couragous.  If you pray for hope, does he give you hope or give you a reason to be hopeful.  If you pray to be a better person does he make you a better person or give you the opportunity to show the kind of person you are...I hope I come out of this a better person.  Always know that each and everyone of you mean the world to me.  You keep me strong.
Now, one more thing before I go, I'm posting a picture of the rowdy bunch I work with.  Take a look.

7 comments:

  1. You are just amazing! I can't speak for others, but you inspire me to be more and do more with my life. God bless you, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't push yourself with phones Patti!

    You are such a great friend, strong person, and brave soul!

    We miss and love you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting the fight Patti - God has a plan. Talk to you soon.
    Joe Carr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you share with us here...Feels almost like you are in front of me talking! I can see your expressions and all!

    "...I do know, however, that if you pray to God for courage, does he give you courage or give you a reason to be couragous. If you pray for hope, does he give you hope or give you a reason to be hopeful. If you pray to be a better person does he make you a better person or give you the opportunity to show the kind of person you are..."

    Very beautiful and I think very true...

    Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patti, your words are so inspiring! I have much to learn from you. We think about you and pray every single day. We love you!

    P.S. Do you like puzzles? I know it is a strange question, but I thought it may be something you may enjoy while at home, and I have a ton of them that I can send your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have this blog Patti. Thinking of you all the time. Stay strong!! Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoever thought you were such a writer, Patti? I so enjoy reading your blogs. Sorry I haven't posted. I seem to be having technical difficulties with using a blog. Not unlike me, huh? Keep writing, sister. We are all thinking of you constantly. Mom and I are wearing your bracelets proudly. Love you, Patti!

    ReplyDelete