Sunday, November 14, 2010

OMG!!!

Nov 14th  Sorry I haven't typed anything for a while.  Let me just say that Chemo, kicks your butt.  I don't think it's the cancer that kills you it's the treatment.  Well not really but maybe just feesl like it.  I'm not one to have the flu or even be in bed for more that a day so this is definitely not a norm for me.  I think I've slept more in the last 4 days than I've been awake.  No energy at all.   I walk from the bedroom to the living room and just lay down on the couch or the bed, whichever is closest.  The nurses say there is a "miracle" drug that keeps you from being nauseated during chemo but can you believe it I was allergic to it.  I started breaking out in hives.  I think they are going to try it again on the next treatment but maybe with benedryl or something, I'm not sure but I know I'll take the hives over this anytime. 
I can't even begin to thank everyone and how wonderful you have all been.  Cards, texts, voicmails, food and flowers have been coming everday.  I have the best support system ever.  All of you have been a great source of strength to me. 
I got my wig yesterday.  My friend CC took me to get it.  Okay, it's a wig.  I'm sure I will like it once my hair is all gone but right now......it looks like a wig.  LOL.  The ladies at the shop were trying several different ones on me,  even one that was kinda blonde.  I don't think i can pull off being a blonde.  There was a colts blue one though that I wouldn't mind having :)  I'll get a pic of me in the wig and post it soon.  I think it will fit better once my hair is gone so I probably won't get a pic for a week or so.

For those of you that are interested I have pink bracelets.  The girls at work got them to show support for me.  Please let me know and I'll get them to you or you are welcome to stop by and get one.
Well I'm closing for now.  I'll try to be on again tomorrow. 
Thank you for all of your prayers.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! We are thinking about you all the time! Our family is all wearing pink bracelets and ribbons in your honor! We love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patti! I am glad you are feeling some better. We would love to wear your bracelets. Can you send us 4? I will repay you for them. Sorry you also suffer from the "Allen" stomach curse and nausea reaction. Hopefully it will let up soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Call if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you...let me know when you want your house cleaned by the merry sisters Sharon and Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I am so glad you are feeling better. You are in my thoughts and prayers all of the time. The pink bracelet does not leave my wrist. Please let me know what I can do to help you (except for taking the chemo) I don't think they will let me do that. Miss you lots,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patti,
    I thought I would check in. I just finished reading your blog. My, what a prolific writer you are, in spite of this horrific ordeal. Know that Judy and I are keeping you in our prayers. Hopefully the Lourdes water is a source of comfort to you and performs another miracle. Keep up the good spirits and by keeping your glass more than half full we know you will come through this with flying colors. We Love You.
    Dave and Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I do to help? I'm somewhat talented but a hard worker. Put me to work. I owe you after always teasing you with the 'Patti-isms'-ha ha! You have to post some more so I can add to my list. Love you, Patti!

    ReplyDelete